Monday, April 24, 2006

Make it a Habit!

We are all human and make mistakes from time to time. In the course of our lifetime many paper documents and a lot of digital data are created in our name.

We are born. We go to school. We get a drivers license. We serve in the military. We buy and sell. We get married and divorced. We apply for credit. We apply for jobs. We get passports. And everything needs to be documented.

Background Check - US SEARCH

When I served in the military I was given a lot of good training to teach organizational, leadership and management skills. I also learned the importance of checking records. The military runs on paperwork. Many decisions are made based solely on documents. Personnel decisions are no different, decisions about promotions, assignments and training.

Once a year we were required to review our records and it was up to each individual to make sure their own records were in order. It was definitely a good rule. Even though the personnel clerks were hard working the amount of records they had to maintain was setting them up to make errors. Documents ended up missing from the records, other people's documents were in your records and entries were made incorrectly.

Background Search Products - US SEARCH

I took this habit with me when I left the military. I check my public records from time to time. I have discovered derogatory information on my credit report that wasn't mine. I discovered the speeding ticket in Texas I had paid and thought was taken care of was still showing on my record as open. I also found a bogus judgment and tax lien that was mistakenly credited to me.

Hey, people make mistakes. I make my share of mistakes too. So it's good to follow up and double check things. Not doing so for me would mean those mistakes that were affecting my life would have been an even bigger mistake.

Find:
FirstLastState

No comments: