Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Old School

I graduated from a small high school in northern California. I believe there were fewer than 1000 students in the entire school. As you can imagine, I knew quite a few of my classmates and saw them often, even after graduation.

I worked around for a few years and began my higher education but I was antsy for adventure and not ready to sit in class to listen. I wanted to see the world so one day I up and joined the army. I got my wish and did see many new places but I still have places on my list that I plan to visit. But that is another story.

My years after I graduated from high school came and when. My 5 year reunion and then 10 year reunion. I was in Korea, Germany, The Philippines and nobody knew how to contact me. I didn't get home too often either so I lost touch. I was getting used to it though. I had to move around a lot so I would make friends and then have to leave them.

Reconnect with old high school friends and college roommates today!

I finally began wondering about all my old classmates. What happened to them. What are they doing now? I wondered if my favorite cheerleader still had that magic. I wondered if the stud quarterback succeeded. I tried to imagine if my old friends grew up like I envisioned. Had anyone died? Did the high school sweethearts get married? I had to find out. It was part of my life and I had always heard you can never go home.

I knew I had changed. I had many experiences in the world that I never would have gotten if I had stayed in my hometown. I missed some things but I had no regrets. Still I had to know. I went to a university and graduated but it took my a while and it wasn't local like my high school. I found a way to get in touch. I found out I turned out differently than anybody had imagined. I was the quiet, shy guy. Nobody took me for an adventurer. But they were wrong. I was daydreaming in my quietness. So what about my old classmates? Well that is my story. If you want to know yours there is a place you can get in touch again. Good luck. "My Old School"


No comments: